Frequently Asked Questions


Answers to your most frequently asked questions

How Could Same Day Electronic Account Withdrawals Impact Me?

In compliance with federal regulations, please be advised that as of September 15, 2017, all financial institutions will be processing same-day electronic account withdrawals. This means that transactions, including checks, made through a vendor or merchant using your CUR routing and account number could be withdrawn at the time of the transaction.

I can't make it to a CUR branch. Are there other ways I can make a payment from another financial institution to my CUR loan?

Yes, you have several options.

First, CUR is part of the shared branch network, giving you access to over 5,000 shared branch locations nationwide. This is a convenient and free method of making payments to your CUR loan. Click here to find a shared branch near you.

Also, you can also make a payment online. Through the services tab of our website you will find a link for paying your loan from another financial institution. This third-party partner allows CUR members to set up an account that will link your external account and your CUR loan. This option does have a $15 fee and can take up to three business days to post to your loan. Click here to go directly to the page.

Finally, you can make a payment by phone with CUR. This option also has a $15 fee and can take up to three business days to post to your account.

How can I transfer between CUR accounts or between financial institutions?

If you want to make a transfer between two different CUR accounts, a Cross Account Authorization form would have to be submitted. This allows you to transfer between two CUR accounts. Click here for the form. If you need to transfer from your CUR account to another institution, our Bill Pay service is available for you via online banking, or mobile banking.

I just received my Visa debit and/or credit card, how do I activate my new card?

To activate your new Visa debit and/or credit card, you will need to call 1-888-330-1019 from the phone number associated with your CUR account. From there, you’ll be asked to verify some personal information to confirm your identity. Please have the 16-digit card number, expiration date, and CVV listed on your new Visa card, the last four of your SSN, and your date of birth available as you will be asked to verify these items when you call to activate your new card.

I just received my Visa debit card, how do I set my PIN number?

You will first need to call 1-888-330-1019 to activate your new Visa debit card. Once your card has been activated, you will be prompted to set your PIN number. Please make sure to stay on the line after activating your card to set your PIN.

I forgot my PIN number for my Visa debit card, how do I reset it?

To reset your PIN number, please contact 800-344-9385 and you will be prompted to enter your 16-digit card number, expiration date, and CVV. You will then be asked to confirm your full name, date of birth, and the last four of your SSN with the operator. Once you’ve confirmed this information, the operator will transfer you back to reset your PIN number.

How can I order a new debit or credit card?

You can place an order for a new debit or credit card during regular business hours by calling our contact center at 303-273-5200. The standard time for the new card to arrive is 7-10 business days, and the replacement card costs $20, which can be charged directly to your CUR account. If you need your card sooner, we can expedite the card for an additional fee of $35.

My debit or credit card is expiring. When will I receive a new one?

Your expiring card will be valid through the last day of the month that the card is expiring. Replacement cards are generally issued the second week of the month and your replacement card should be received around the third week of that month. If you find that you have not received the card at that time, please call our contact center at 303-273-5200 so we can further investigate the issue. If another replacement card is needed, we will be sure that you get that before the current card expires.

There is a debit or credit card transaction on my account that I do not recognize. How do I dispute this?

Please ensure that you have checked with other authorized account holders and research the vendor as often company names come through via parent companies or subsidiaries. If there is a transaction that you are sure was not made by you, or any of the other authorized account holders, you will need to call Visa directly at 1-888-330-1019 to report a dispute or fraud. After you enter your card number and expiration date, you will need to select option 2.

Can I set up a recurring payment (or automatic payment) towards my loan from another institution?

Yes. You can locate our ACH Authorization Form, by clicking here. This form will allow you to choose the effective date the of the payment, the amount, and how often you would like the payments to be made (monthly, biweekly, etc). This form must be submitted at least seven business days prior to the due date of your loan, to provide enough notification to the institution where the payment is coming from.

How do I go paperless?

To receive electronic statements, you must be enrolled in our Online Banking. Once registered, you will have the ability to enroll in our eStatements via the link in the left column of your online banking. Your statements are maintained through our secure mobile banking platform and you will be notified by mail when the new statements are available, weeks before the statement would arrive by mail! Not only is this a secure, convenient, and free method to receive your periodic statements, it will also prevent you from being charged a $3.00 paper statement fee.

How can I order checks?

You can order checks online through the Reorder Checks link via your online banking or by phone via our contact center at 303-273-5200.

I am out of town. How can I access my funds if I need to withdraw a large amount of money?

If you are not near a CUR branch, you can always visit a shared branch location to access your funds. The shared branch network provides nationwide access to over 5,000 branch locations and 30,000 ATMS. Shared branch withdrawal limits may vary by shared branch location. Locate a shared branch near you by accessing the Shared Branch Locations finder, by clicking here.

I need to set up a direct deposit from my employer or an automated payment. I cannot find my account number on my statements or via online banking. How can I retrieve my full account number?

For your safety and protection, we truncate your account number in all situations. If needed for direct deposit from your employer or direct payment to a vendor, such as another financial institution or utility company, you can call our contact center at 303-273-5200 and we will provide your full account number verbally with proper account verification.

How can I enroll in mobile banking?

You need to first be enrolled in CUR online banking. Once you are enrolled in online banking, all you need to do is download the Credit Union of the Rockies app through your smart phone’s app store. The login and password for your mobile banking will be the same as your online banking.

How can I use remote deposit capture through mobile banking?

Remote deposit capture is a great way to deposit checks to your CUR accounts. Simply endorse the check “For Mobile Deposit at Credit Union of the Rockies Only", Acct ########,” take a picture of the front and back of the check through the app and submit for deposit. The first $200 of the deposit to your CUR account will be available immediately. Amounts more than $200 are subject to review and normal holds may apply.

You must include the endorsement statement that this is for Mobile Deposit at Credit Union of the Rockies to avoid your check deposit image being rejected.

What is my Credit Union of the Rockies’ routing number? 

The CUR routing number is 307076232. If you need a direct deposit form, please click here.

How can I become a member of Credit Union of the Rockies?

To be eligible for membership, members must live, work, or worship in Clear Creek, Eagle, Gilpin, Grand, Jefferson, or Summit counties. Family members (related by blood, marriage, or adoption) of those eligible in those counties are also entitled to membership. Family members are defined as, but not limited to an uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, cousin, life partner, etc.